02 September, 2005

A Different Kind of Relief

With apologies to my three readers for not posting...

I haven't felt like I had anything to offer on the issue that is foremost in everyone's mind. I trust that anyone reading this has already done (and will continue to do) what they can to help in this terrible situation. My heart hurts when I think of the hell so many people are going through. And the pessimist in me rises up and demands time and energy in contemplation of how far-reaching and negative the impact of this could be on our country. And at the same time I (like others) feel torn between different groups who have such need of our help.

So, I've done what I can on both counts, but feel rather helpless about it all. My readership is too small to be an effective clearinghouse for information or a source of assistance. And I don't have the ability to pull together a heart-rending post that will send everyone to the nearest charity to donate all their worldy goods; I don't have a meaningful role in this. So instead, here's my small (and largely insignificant) contribution to all this:

I think we all need to laugh. So, I'd like to collect the funniest PG-13 (max) jokes or stories* you've stumbled across lately (put them in the comments). Sometimes all we can do is laugh in order not to cry...

*John of Argghhh! has kindly lent me the latest version of the PG-17 to patrol the comments, so keep it nice...