23 October, 2005

Giving When it Hurts

Seawitch is a coastal Mississippi resident. She's right in the middle of those who are still working to put their lives back together in the wake of the devasting hurricanes of September. She shares this nugget about a group of hurricane victims who still wanted to support our wounded troops through Valour-IT:

I forgot that I had collected money from co-workers before Katrina struck and when I was organizing my new desk area, I found the envelope with the money that had been collected and sent it via PayPal. In case you are wondering, I did check with those who had so graciously donated to see if they needed their donations back. All said no and to send it in.
To those of you who have not recently lived through a massive hurricane: have you given anything?

[photo of hurricane damage is from Seawitch]