10 November, 2005

Happy Birthday, Marines!

Happy Birthday to you.
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday, dear Marines.
Happy Birthday to you!

Two hundred and thirty years ago today the Marine Corps was established. Our world and country are a better place for it having been created. And either I've been extraordinarily lucky in the Marines I've gotten to know, or else all the good and only half the bad you hear about them is true! *wink*

My dear Marines,

Last year it snuck up on me, and so I had made a mental note to make sure I marked this year's event somehow. However, circumstances have overtaken me again, and I find that I cannot put in the time I want to properly congratulate and celebrate you.

But today what keeps me from honoring you as I'd like is what I offer as my gift to you. I am honored and humbled to have the opportunity to help your brothers through Valour-IT. I consider it a privilege dear to my heart that I could have a small part in supporting and sustaining Marines who have laid it on the line for me and come back with the wounds to prove it.

Each one of you marvelous Marines are my heroes. You really are.

Love,
FbL

P.S. Yes, I know... you're just doing your jobs. ;)
Here's to many more birthdays for the Corps!