...because so many of them:
- Take personal offense if you don't smile at them in the middle of doing 10 different things at once
- Assume that if you're upset, you must be upset at them and since they don't deserve that, you're a jerk
- Tell their primary-aged children in detail why they're divorcing
- Sit and gossip about others' very real pain and mistakes
- Tut-tut about how others are suffering, as if disease and mental infirmity had never touched their lives
- Never consider their knowledge may be inadequate, and thus their evaluations suspect
- Watch someone struggle on the job and never stop to help them learn
- Believe first-impressions are always right.
- Nurse a grudge over something irritating instead of politely trying to resolve the issue
Pardon him, Theodotus; he is a barbarian, and thinks that the customs of his tribe and island are the laws of nature. --George Bernard Shaw, Ceasar and CleopatraHow can people be so stupid, ignorant and arrogant to think that they understand and accurately evaluate everything that goes on around them, and that there couldn't possibly be better ways of looking at some things they encounter?