09 April, 2006

Card Party?

[New posts below]

Update: I have created a group at Yahoo Groups to help us communicate better and decide a time for a game. If you had a comment here by 7 p.m. EDT on the the 7th, I've added you to the group (Fuzzilicious Card Sharks). Anybody else who wants to be addded, just comment here or send me an email.

I've spent some time during my spring vacation vegging and playing online card games. I love cards. I grew up playing Hearts, Spades, Cribbage, etc., with my parents and friends. My dad taught me young, and by age 10 I was joining adult games (and winning).

But now that I live alone, I have to settle for online games. However, I have an idea...

How about online card games with my online friends?! I suspect you are great company at card games. Yahoo has as nice games site that includes just about any card game you can imagine, as well as board games. I think it would be tremendous fun to get together over a friendly game of cards with the great people I only know from blogs. It would be a virtual party: the Yahoo site allows you to chat while you play, but you'd have to BYOB.

This is something we'd have to schedule--maybe for a Saturday or Sunday afternoon/evening. If there's enough interest, I'd like to schedule it on a regular basis, with anybody interested dropping in at will. I'll post the time and place (the game site specifies various indivdual rooms and tables by name and number) several days in advance, and people can RSVP by commenting on the post.

So, are you interested? Let me know in the comments below (share any suggestions), and be sure you have a Yahoo ID so that you can play.

I hope this works out. It should be a lot of fun! :D