08 May, 2006

Meeting Neffi

One of the nice things I'm discovering about all the online friends I have is that no matter where I go, there's always somebody nearby that I've been wanting to meet in person...

This time it was Castle Denizen Neffi. We managed to squeeze in a little time for lunch together before my plane left. It was way too short, but very enjoyable.

The food was good and the companionship superb. Neffi is exactly what he seems to be online--sweet, smart, funny, and just a little quirky. His most notable quirk is his accent: nearest I could tell, it's a cross between British and Texan!

For Castle Denizens who know and love Neffi, I'm pleased to report that he's doing well--happy, with good things going on, even if certain "sacrifices" have had to be made to clear the way for other pursuits. ;)

Unfortunately, there were some complications... For example, he temporarily forgot that I'm a vegetarian Lioness. And when it came time to say goodbye, he discovered there was no actual tail tuft to kiss, as he is wont to do at the Castle. So, he settled for a kiss on the hand instead... a very Neffi thing to do, and very charming.

All in all, it was wonderful to bring another friendship across the electrons and into "real space." Hopefully it won't be too long before we get to do it again. :)

Oh, I almost forgot! Here is a picture of the two of us, documenting the event.