09 November, 2006

How Valour-IT Helps

This comes from "Cricket," a regular commenter at Villainous Company. Several years ago she was in a very serious car accident that resulted in massive injuries, including a broken arm that did not heal for a year:

...We can do no less than embrace them and help them to have a life. It is a small thing we do, but having been a bedridden grouch myself, and having needed a laptop with Dragon Naturally Speaking, I know how much this means to them.

It wasn't until two years ago that I was able to get more function in my left arm, and begin to type again, and that was a year after I was injured.

The first thing [my husband] did was get me a laptop with the software. I didn't feel so isolated, hurt or angry. And you will never know how much it meant to me to be able to travel beyond my four walls and the terrible pain.

I think that about covers it. Go donate and help more soldiers travel beyond their own terrible pain and the four walls of their military hospital rooms.