10 December, 2006

Administrivia

I've converted this blog to the new "Beta" Blogger (still have to reconstruct the sidebar). It's much faster and has some great features.

One of its best features is that it now has categories that allow me to group posts by subject matter. Category labels are automatically printed at the bottom of each post. So far, here are the categories I have:

Army
Blogging
Culture and Ideas
Fran O'Brien's
Humor
Life
Military
Navy
Politics and Media
Support the Troops
Those Who Serve
USMC
Valour-IT
Volunteering

I'd appreciate any suggestions you have for rearranging or renaming categories; I'd like to have as few as possible, while still making them useful. Also, if someone out there can help: how can I reduce the font size of the links for the categories listed in individual posts?

Update: Conversion to the new template has affected spacing. I'm working on it. The new template doesn't work with Haloscan commenting, so I've reverted back to the old template until Haloscan catches up.