26 February, 2007

Britney and the Marines

[Update: Another Marine story... What do you get when you cross a Marine with a high-tech Japanese toilet? Major Bell has the answer.]

A very young Marine was talking to a fellow Marine in a calm, matter-of-fact manner as they waited behind me at the mini mart. His friend was obviously used to these kinds of ramblings and never made a sound in response:

Did you hear how Justin hurt Britney again--getting all friendly with K, talking 'bout her?

[pause]

That's so mean.

How could he do that to her when she's hurting so much... when she's all crazy and everything?

[long pause]

[with a touch of wonder in his voice] She shaved off all her hair...

[another long pause]

[somewhat sadly] Now she looks like me. *sigh*

I'm so glad they were standing behind me and couldn't see the hand that flew to my mouth as I stifled an involuntary snort of laughter!! Gotta love those young Marines...