07 May, 2007

MilBlog Conference AAR

From Wednesday through Saturday nights I got a total of less than 12 hours of sleep, so I feel completely hungover this morning after seven hours of sleep, though there is no alcohol-related reason for it. Since leaving home at 4 a.m. Thursday, I have lived on adrenalin, endorphins and one or fewer meals a day (I've probably lost five pounds). And I wouldn't change a thing.

I truly don't know where to start... so much to say and tell you about: awards, donations, Chuck Z talking to the wounded, 1,000th laptop, dear friends, media, the "big" bloggers, President Bush, Walter Reed, MG Schoomaker and his CSM, a flag flown over the Capitol, Valour-IT and the U.S. Congress, a gathering of Angels, deep conversations, OSD, DoD, falling off a bar stool, getting carded by a guy 10 years younger than me, dear men and women whom I'm honored to call my friends, utter exhaustion and a complete inability at this time to tell you more than just a partial list.

Plan for today? Sit here in Carrie's house in the "DC suburbs" and recover from my non-alcohol-related MilBlog Conference hangover, do some laundry, and thoroughly prep for my 8 a.m. job interview with one of the denizens of K Street before flying out tomorrow afternoon.

What a weekend!

UPDATE--Milblog Conference-related posts:

Still Exhausted
MilBlog Conference and Valour-IT
MilBlog Conference and Valour-IT: Walter Reed