12 September, 2007

Bush's War

The partisan politicization of what should never be even remotely partisan is now complete. This isn't some leftist advocacy group talking, or a random protester out there with a picket sign. This is the leader of the U.S. Senate:

"It's the president's war. At this point it also appears clear it's also the Senate Republicans' war," [Sen. Harry] Reid told a Capitol Hill news conference.


I always thought any war voted by Congress and engaged in by the American military is "America's War." Whether we think it wise or well-managed or not, it's still our war to fix and win.

Silly me. It's just Bush's war and the Republican's war. And since I'm not a Republican partisan, I have no real stake in what happens. Thanks for the education, Senator. Now I know better.