17 September, 2007

On the Job Front

Learned in the last eight months... First and foremost: Being a grown-up and doing what has to be done (i.e. taking a job for which you know you are vastly over-qualified), will only get you so far.

So far, it's gotten me halfway to insanity!

Lessons reviewed today: when talking doesn't help, and how to reveal a superior's errors in behavior/understanding without seeming to do so (reviewed the first the hard way, discovered the latter was in fine working order, fortunately).

On a happier thought, I have an interview on Wednesday for a MUCH better job (local) at double the money I'm making now (aka, a living wage). Not the dream job I've been hoping for, but definitely a job that uses many of my skills/talents and one in which I could find satisfaction.