10 September, 2007

Tears

If you want the politics of this, check out H&I Fires at the Castle. I want to discuss what is happening today, but from the personal perspective...

I've been watching GEN Petraeus' Senate testimony online this morning.

It's been awhile since I've been at the point of tears on this subject, but hearing Petraeus discuss the good things that have happened and the challenges/issues still being faced by our men and women on the ground makes me so proud, grateful, and frightened, and the tears again fall. I'm so proud of what Americans and Iraqs have done to begin to stabilize things in Iraq so far, so grateful for our military's daily physical and emotional sacrifice, and frightened that politicians who have sold their souls will cause this country irrevocable harm.

Yeah, tears are wimpy. But it's what I've got today.