22 November, 2007

Giving Thanks

Me? I'm thankful for the basics: a beautiful home I moved into just six weeks ago that survived the fires, my health, loving family, wise friends, and people like this:


Hopefully I'll meet some of them today. Since family and friends are scattered to the four winds this year, here is where I'll be spending a portion of my day:

And for that I am thankful, too--the chance to pay back a little to those in whose debt I will forever live.

Happy Thanksgiving, all. May your day be filled good food, loving family and friends, and all that inclines you to gratitude. If you're hosting a servicemember today, give him or her a hug for me. If you are a servicemember and you're reading this, you already know my sentiments (and if you were within reach, you'd get a hug, too).

Have a great day, folks!