10 November, 2007

Laptops Save Lives?!

That's what Chuck Z says, and he would know. As Noah Shachtman of Wired puts it,

Suddenly, he [Chuck] was able to connect to the outside world. He was able to take up his blog again, too. And from that, he was able to muster the self-esteem and internal strength to begin his recovery.

From the reports of family and friends of a triple amputee:
The laptop was the first step to the road to recovery. It proved that he was going to be able to do all the things that he did before.

From the CO of a wounded soldier:
He expressed to me today in an email how much that [laptop] helped him. So thank you. Very much. For taking care of my Soldiers when I no longer could.

From a laptop recipient:
I can't begin to tell how much [the laptop] has changed my stay at WRAMC; I am able to correspond with my Soldiers, and my family. My Soldiers are still down range in Iraq. They are coming home soon, and I look forward to being back at my post to receive them. Again, thank you so much.

From the mother of a wounded soldier:
Buzz reports having the laptop has made staying at the hospital more tolerable. It turns out that the laptop is also becoming an important factor in his treatment because besides using it to stay in contact with friends and loved ones while he's hospitalized, he and his wife are using it to gather information on the latest research about spinal cord injuries.

From Chuck Z himself:
It was the first time I felt whole since I’d woken up wounded in Landstuhl.

As Veterans Day approaches, you can "support the troops" in a powerful and life-changing way. As Chuck says, "I can't wait to give that feeling to another wounded soldier." Please help him do that. Donate here.