03 November, 2007

Valour-IT: Setting the Bar

So, what have you given in support of the wounded warfighters that Valour-IT assists? What are you planning on giving?

Get a load of what Laughing Wolf is sacrificing for Valour-IT recipients:

My last autographed Heinlein. Autographed hardcover edition of "Beyond This Horizon." Given that it is my last, odds are I won't be getting more, etc., I am putting a large reserve price on it, for if it should go I want it to go for something close to what it is worth, if not more.
And he does that on top of offering for auction two other items that are irreplaceable.

I can't even begin to match that, but it's a wake-up call. I have been in a terrible financial situation for about 18 months. But recently, much of the strain has been relieved--mostly it's a matter of playing financial "catch up," now. So, I plan on giving a modest but goodly sum this time around. But after seeing Laughing Wolf's example, I'm going to be going over this month's budget with a fine-tooth comb to see what else I can pull out, even if it hurts.

What are you going to do?