14 September, 2009

Here

I've been on vacation, but fighting mild migraines (yes, there is such a thing, fortunately). I wanted to write about John and his father, but I can't wrap my hurting head around it.

In the meantime, read this:

Some people talk about how brave or heroic this attitude is, but for me it is simply practical. I refuse to let this keep me from living my life to the fullest, and you would too. It's not heroic, it's realistic. I admit, I look forward to moving through this adventure with others who are traveling the same path that I am. Thus far, many have helped me and guided me, and I look forward to inspiring future wounded Soldiers. Leadership doesn't stop at the hospital door.

It's what I was talking about here:
They're inspirational, not because they have it so hard (they do) and succeed in spite of it (they often do), but because they are proof of the indomitable human spirit, a living lesson for all who struggle and fight, a reminder that regardless of your circumstances, life really is what you make of it.

John, you've been on my mind.

Now to go lay down, as I am obviously not made of the same stuff as our wounded warriors.