23 April, 2006

Airport Blogging

Yay, my first time airport blogging! Southwest has way overbooked their flights today and because the train to BWI was delayed, I don't have a seat on the flight to Phoenix that is supposed to arrive (also delayed) at 6:00. This is very bad news because I've had almost no sleep and I have a 3.5-hour drive from Phoenix back to my hometown this evening (have to teach tomorrow morning).

Ugh!

Well, on to happier thoughts. When I've had some sleep and time to reflect, I will do more serious blogging, but I just have to say again how absolutely wonderful this conference was. And last night was great, too. I spent a lot of time in the company of the Ziegenfusses, Sandi Hammersley (frequent commenter and great supporter), Homefront Six, Uncle Jimbo, and Matt. They are all a great bunch of people, just like they are online: intelligent, funny, caring, and all-around good people who are just way too much fun. I had a blast!

These last two nights I slept a total. of what is my normal minimum single-night requirement for functionality. So, I don't have anything more coherent to add about the conference at this time, except: IT WAS SOOOOOOOOO AWESOME!!!!!!!

[Yay! I just got a ticket--and it's an A-boarding pass, so I should get a decent seat.]

Update: More-substantive reports on the conference here and here.