10 July, 2006

Deja Vu All Over Again

I think I'm just gonna give up driving in SoCal.

This time damage wasn't limited to inanimate objects. I was looking over my right shoulder as I pulled out of a view-obstructed parking space, which means I wrenched my back when I was hit. A young woman was apparently zipping along the parking lot and decided she could get around me instead of stopping when she saw me halfway pulled out of the parking space. Dumb.

I wish she would've done a hit-and-run like the last one did, though. Instead, she was driving her father's car and her stepmother was in the store when it happened. The driver instantly apologized to me, but everything changed when Stepmom showed up and father arrived soon after. To make a long story short: lots of threats and condescension, lots of nastiness, lots of revisionism and accusations against my integrity. It's gone from her admitting fault to the police officer to them saying it was all my fault and that the damage was pre-existing.

Ugh. I'll let the insurance company sort it out. In the meantime, I'm taking some Advil and hoping the extremely tight muscles in my back are just temporary.

Two accidents in four days is bad enough, but why did they both have to be with total jerks?

Update the morning after: Ow, ow, ow! Lots of stiffness and muscle pain in my back, but I don't think it feels any different than any typical muscle strain... just more intense. *crossing fingers*