26 September, 2005

Attack of the Killer Meme

The day I dreaded has arrived... I've been tagged with my first meme (since I started blogging). I saw this one developing (ick!) and prayed it wouldn't land on my doorstep. Thanks a lot, AFSis! :P

1. Do you try to look hot when you go to the grocery store just in case someone recognizes you from your blog? Nope. In fact, I don't even clean up as much as I should, considering I'm likely to run into some of my students and their parents.

2. Are the photos you post Photoshopped or otherwise altered? What photos?

3. Do you like it when creeps or dorks email you? Yes, I like Neffi just fine. ;)

4. Do you lie in your blog? No, though I have used subterfuge to conceal various peoples' identities at times.

5. Are you passive-aggressive in your blog? What do you think?

6. Do you ever threaten to quit writing so people will tell you not to stop? No. Is it just me, or is this meme just a little...pathetic?

7. Are you in therapy? If not, should you be? If so, is it helping? No. Probably, haha!

8. Do you delete mean comments? Do you fake nice ones?The only comments I've ever deleted were removed because they were XXX-rated. I've never faked a nice comment...that's so pathetic!

9. Have you ever rubbed one out while reading a blog? How about after? What would I need an eraser for when reading a blog? You asking if I killed someone?! Because I hated their blog or something?!

10. If your readers knew you in person, would they like you more or like you less? Who knows...ask them after we've met!

11. Do you have a job? Yes. See Question 1.

12. If someone offered you a decent salary to blog full-time without restrictions, would you do it? Probably not. I'm still trying to figure out why I started blogging in the first place, and what I really want to do with it.

13. Which blogger do you want to meet in real life? A long list of them. Most of the bloggers I read would be on that list, but lately Sgt. B, Lex, BillT and Kat (put us in the same city and watch what happens!) have been hanging out near the top. [AFSis, I would have included you, not after you gave me this meme! Pbbbppbbbt!]

14. Which bloggers have you made out with? None

15. Do you usually act like you have more money or less money than you really have? Probably slightly less. I tend to really stress about money, and I hate spending it on myself.

16. Does your family read your blog? Yes, a couple family members do. Most don't even know I blog.

17. How old is your blog? Look at the archives on the sidebar. Duh! ;)

18. Do you get more than 1000 page views per day? Do you care? Definitely not 1000! On a good day it's about 50 visitors and 75 page views. I guess I care because it's fun to see that people are interested in what I say. But ultimately it's more like a game than anything else.

19. Do you have another secret blog in which you write about being depressed, slutty, or a liar? No way, LOL! I felt bad enough about creating FbL at the Castle!

20. Have you ever given another blogger money for his/her writing? Yes. I've hit the tipjar for some of my friends.

21. Do you report the money you earn from your blog on your taxes? What money?

22. Is blogging narcissistic? I think partially, yes. I think that's especially true for more personal (non-informational/non-discussion) blogs. But then again, as a professional musician, I don't have much room to talk, haha! How much more narcissistic can it get than thinking people want to sit and listen to you play 200-year-old music?

23. Do you feel guilty when you don't post for a long time? Yes, but only because this is a way for me to publicize Valour-IT. So, I feel like I can't let the blog die or lose any of my meager readership.

24. Do you like John Mayer? Who?

25. Do you have enemies? Probably, but no idea who they might be.

26. Are you lonely? Considering that I just moved by myself to an overgrown small town in the middle of nowhere... yes.

27. Why bother? I hate questions like this. I have no idea what they mean. If it's some kinda nihlistic thing, I guess my answer would be: because. Because life is strange and interesting, and sometimes wonderful... and what we choose to do in this world always matters to somebody.

Now... [rubbing hands together evilly] who shall I tag with this nasty little meme? John, SWWBO, and Sgt. B... You're it! Don't you dare wimp out on these questions. I suffered through them; you can too. :D

Update: John reports for duty, hairy eyeball in tow. Sgt. B checks in.