26 May, 2006

Job Search Update

Nothing much to tell ya, but I'm feeling like blogging about it.

I haven't interviewed for the Dream Job yet (position supervisor has had her schedule blown to bits--travel, etc.). We'll be arranging a phone interview very soon, and in the meantime I have a speech to submit as a writing sample. It's good to know they're so thorough, but it's getting more and more intimidating--writing sample involves what I would say if I were addressing a congressional committee!

Hmmm... I think I recently said something like, "Ignore me, I'm "just little Fuzzybear." Guess that's not gonna be an option, haha!

Seriously, I don't mind being the center of attention with a large audience one bit... as long as I'm not talking about myself. In other words, give me something to argue or advocate, or some music to perform, and I'll be completely comfortable in front of thousands. Stand me in front of a handful of people who want to thank me or embarrass me with compliments and I'll be counting the seconds 'til I get outta there!

Anyway, I guess I need to get serious about exploring other avenues. It's hard to find time to do it when school is winding up and everything's going bonkers. I've got a paycheck through July, so I should be okay. But time is running out...