16 May, 2006

Pins and Needles

Well, the deed is done.

I gathered the information, clarified my understanding of the requirements, agonized over each comma and bulletpoint, and finally stopped obsessing over it. It's pretty darn good if you ask me, though I have some superbly professional friends to thank for their guidance and editorial skills. The point? My new, non-education-focused resume is complete and is currently beginning its first foray into the job market.

I've applied for a job that is ideal (or pretty darn close!) on both personal and professional levels at this point in my life. I believe I've got the chops to do it and I've got some pretty impressive/connected people backing me up on that (thanks, guys!). It's one of those things that's so good you're afraid to think or talk too much about it, for fear you'll jinx it. Now I just have to wait... and keep pursuing other opportunities in the meantime.

But oh, if this turns out to be the only application I need to make...

Argghhh!! Waiting!!!