31 October, 2006

A Silver Lining?

In this post, I wrote about how Valour-IT is non-partisan. I firmly believe it is. But the wonderful thing about being non-partisan is that individuals can have all sorts of personal motivations for donating. Here's a great letter I got this morning:

We have much to thank the brave men and women of our armed forces for, but in this instance I have to give credit to a complete jackass for inspiring me. I was so disgusted by John Kerry's comments that it reminded me I had not given a donation to our troops in a while. I am from MA and have the dishonor of being represented by that fool.

Captain Ed at Captains Quarters blog alerted me to the program you are running. I am very happy to make a small contribution. As the father of two children under two, I give thanks every day for this great country and for the men and women that give so much to keep it that way.

Thanks for your efforts in creating this opportunity to for me to thank our true heroes.

And thank you for taking a negative and using it to spur a positive reaction.

Every cloud has a silver lining, huh? Maybe we can get Kerry to join Valour-IT as Motivator in Chief...