Here's some news you can use...
- Day 1 stats for the funraising competition are up.
- Valour-IT has now delivered over 650 laptops to America's wounded warriors.
- Make sure people are donating through your team button and not the main website. Donations to the main website are not counted in team totals.
- Yes, the flyers have the wrong address on them, but it's still a Soldiers' Angels address, so it won't be disastrous is someone sends a donation there. We're working on fixing it.
- This is a true grassroots effort, so it's important to "get local." Contact your local radio stations and newspapers that you think would be interested in Valour-IT as a story or just in publicizing the fundraiser. It can make both a great human interest story or technology story (online fundraising, online grassroots, etc). You can find tips for dealing with media here. If you "hook" someone, email me or your team leader.
- Team Leaders and others with major media connections are working that side of things very hard. If you have a major media connection, please let us know so that we're not buggging anyone who's already in touch with Valour-IT.
- Don't be afraid to email your friends and family, talk about it at your church or community organization, share it with co-workers. Valour-IT is truly a non-partisan project that practically sells itself once people hear about it. So get out there and tell them!
- Be sure to check out the useful links on the project blog sidebar.
- You guys are all awesome!!!