20 April, 2007

First

For the first time in my life, I wrote to the Senate Majority Leader...

Dear Senator Reid,

The "surge" is at only 60% strength, with only 3 of the 5 Battalions in place at this moment. Your characterization of it and the entire war as a failure (over one day's events) when it has not even been fully implemented is ignorant at best. I could also describe it as willfully obtuse, lacking in logic, politics at its worst, or even treasonous... but I'll leave that to those
more expert in politics and law.

I know the position of Majority Leader is primarily political these days, but we deserve better from someone who should be speaking for more than just his party and political future.

Shame on you!

I could have said volumes more (about things like his apparent ignorance of strategy, tactics, PR in modern warfare, etc.), but I decided short, to the point, and as respectful as I could manage it would be better "heard."

I'm in agreement with others who have explained why what Reid said is so appalling:

Greyhawk
Americans in Iraq (via Michelle Malkin)
Neptunus Lex