20 October, 2007

Good News?

Got a call yesterday from the prospective boss I interviewed with (2nd-stage, panel interview) a few weeks ago. It was for a job that would be 2-3 three times my current salary, working for a management training company with a superb reputation for treating its employees well.

I couldn't call back until after work hours, so it was too late to talk. But it strikes me that the "big boss" doesn't call a prospective employee unless it's something serious: either I'm under strong consideration and she just needs some more info/clarification, or I'm going to receive a job offer when she talks to me on Monday(!).

I'm trying very hard not too assume too much, but the idea of possibly getting out of my current work situation and earning enough to live on is positively intoxicating...