15 August, 2009

Randomosity

Just some things I wanted to share...

It's Hip to Be Round -- Apparently President Obama is just so darn healthy and hip that people are rebelling by getting fatter. [It's NYT; get password here.]

Rebuilding Bryan Anderson -- It's from a year ago, but I just stumbled across it today. VERY interesting article about how the vitality and activity level of today's war amputees is affecting the technology. And neat to see that Anderson maintains his great spirit.

And in a similar vein, here's another story I missed the first time around. I tell you, I have to resist the urge to buy a hundred of them and go looking for Purple Heart recipients to give them to!

This deserves a post of its own
, but I don't know what to say other than that he's a hero and you should read about him.

Yes, I Twitter (@FbL1). I was dragged into it kicking and screaming, and while I understand how effective it can be for some uses/people, I'm still not sure why I do it. So, this is for all my Twittering friends: