23 November, 2008

For Your Amusement

Last year I assembled a desktop computer largely from scratch (new motherboard, CPU and power supply). It was technology that was about to be obsolete, but it fit my needs and I got it on the cheap. Pretty proud of myself for finding the bargains, I was...

A month ago it died on me. It was the CPU.

Of course, you techies know what happened next... I tried to buy a CPU for a now-obsolete motherboard at Fry's and they laughed at me.

Far too many dollars later, I have just a few (sob) leftover parts of old technology.

Here's where your amusement comes in. Would any of the following be worth anything to anyone else? Maybe sold on eBay for Valour-IT? People will buy anything, right? ;)

All are less than a year old (moderate use):

  • Mach Speed MSNV-939 Motherboard - Socket 939, ATX, Audio, PCI Express, 10/100 Ethernet LAN, USB 2.0, Serial ATA
  • Ultra X-Wind Aluminum Socket K8/AM2 CPU Cooling Fan (ULT40030)
  • Coolmax / CA-450 / 450-Watt / ATX / 80mm Fan / SATA-Ready / Power Supply
  • Ultra 512MB PC2700 DDR 333MHz Memory (1) (ULT30092)
And I also have an 8-year-old aluminum computer case, a floppy disk drive, a dial-up modem card (PCI), 256MB RAM of unknown provenance, and an old CRT monitor (Sony Trinitron HMD-A240R) that has been laying around the house for awhile.

Okay, you can stop snickering now.

Second question: if these are of no use to anyone, what's the best way to get rid of them? Any help would be greatly appreciated.