Calling all friends and contacts:
As you may know, I'm looking for work.* The preferred deadline is early July and a firm deadline is mid-August. I've gone through the process of sifting my goals, consulting with friends and contacts, and evaluating my work experience from a skills perspective. I think I have a handle on the kind of job I'm looking for, though I'm open to suggestion. I'm posting descriptions here in hope that some of you may have a line on a job that might be a good fit for me.
I prefer:In general, I'm very good at the big picture, quick to recognize connections and interactions between issues or elements of a problem and how the smaller units affect the whole; I convincingly communicate that recognition and understanding to others, and then develop and implement a vision or appropriate solution.
For example, I'm currently in hot pursuit of a position with a non-profit that advocates for military familes.
- To work in the fields of child care or education (all ages, but not in a public school setting), or in social services/advocacy--anything that involves helping other people where I can see the direct results of my work.
- A military-oriented environment (for example, in a non-profit that supports military personnel/families or a civilian contractor type of situation).
- Work that involves activity or a variety of environments (not stuck behind a desk) and frequent human interaction.
My skills and paid/unpaid experience include:I'm willing to move wherever the jobs are, so if you see something in your local area that you think might be a good fit for me, please drop me a line. I'm extremely grateful for any assistance.
I am also continuing to develop significant contacts in the military, troop support, and media (both traditional and "new" media).
- Project management
- Public Relations
- Supervision of adults and children of a variety of races, cultures and economic backgrounds
- Verbal and written communication, including extemporaneous speeches and extensive experience in front of large groups
- Education of adults and children in formal and informal settings
*I'm still in the running for the Dream Job, but I need some back-up options, of course.